Who We Are
The Canadian Churches’ Forum is a Christian agency through which Canadian churches reflect and work together on global mission and ministry issues, and are challenged to prophetic witness through programs of education and dialogue. Our members are the Anglican Church of Canada, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, the Presbyterian Church in Canada, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto, the Scarboro Missions, and the United Church of Canada. We also work directly with other denominations, agencies, and individuals from Canada and the United States of America.
What We Do
The Canadian Churches’ Forum offers programs for people involved in cross-cultural global mission and ministry, provides forums for dialogue, publishes a variety of resources, celebrates the work of individuals in mission, and encourages cross-cultural and international dialogue.
- Orientation for Overseas Personnel
- Furlough Retreat
- Re-entry for Overseas Personnel
- International Theological Interns Debriefing
- Orientation to Canada
- Mission Trip Leaders Seminar
- Workshop Facilitation and Cross-Cultural Development
Please see the Programs page for details.
Publications and Resources
- Sojourning: A Leader’s Guide for Short Term Mission Travel
- On Your Way: A Guide to Your Overseas Intercultural Experience
- Coming Home: A Re-entry Workbook for Returned Missionaries and Volunteers
- Here Among Us: A Guide to Intercultural Experience for Visitors to Canada
- Forum Focus: Our annual newsletter
In addition, the Forum sells a number of other resources and maintains an extensive library with books, journals, and other resources. Please see the Resources page for details.
- Mission Executives Roundtable (Ecumenical and Evangelical)
- Meetings of Denominational Mission Agencies from US and Canada
- CCFGM International Visitor
Please visit our history page for more details about our story.